Wrongful death claims arise when a person is killed as a result of the negligence of another person or business and can usually be brought by surviving members of the immediate family. Wrongful death claims can arise out of aviation or transportation accidents, exposure to hazardous products, medical malpractice, premises liability and many other circumstances.
Robb & Robb’s attorneys have a long history of success in litigating wrongful death claims in Missouri and nationwide.
The firm has obtained the two highest jury verdicts in the United States in helicopter crash trials:
- A $350 million verdict for a deceased pilot.
- A $70 million verdict for a passenger killed in a Life Flight helicopter.
- A $52.5 million settlement (on appeal of $48 million jury verdict) for the crash of a Twin Otter aircraft with five fatalities ($10.5 million per victim).
- A $27.5 million settlement for a small plane crash.
- A $25 million jury verdict for the death of Judge Michael Coburn.
- A $23 million jury verdict for three family members killed by a drunk driver.
- A $14 million settlement for a boy killed in a school bus accident.
- A $18 million settlement against the World Wrestling Federation for the death of wrestler Owen Hart.
- Representation of former United States Senator Jean Carnahan for the plane crash death of her husband, Missouri Governor Mel Carnahan, and their son, resulting in a $4 million jury verdict at trial.
- Representation of the Daskal family in the highly publicized Grand Canyon helicopter crash.
Robb & Robb LLC has the experience and tenacity to fight successfully for the survivors in these grueling cases. Our lawyers also try, when possible, to effect safety improvements as a result of its cases, so that other families are spared similar tragedies.
Call Robb & Robb LLC to discuss your case.